I urge you to watch Dr. Brené Brown’s 20 minute TED Talk on Whole-heartedness. I promise it is the best investment you can make with your time!
Here are a few thoughts from Brene:
- Connection is the universal desire of all human beings.
- Shame is the fear of disconnection
- Courage is telling your story with your whole heart and being seen in your imperfections.
- We can’t practice compassion if we don’t treat ourselves kindly.
- You are imperfect, wired for struggle and worthy of love and belonging.
- Being fully vulnerable is being fully alive.
I really do understand what it feels like to lose your way. Because I have lived through the dark moments of self-doubt and hit the walls of seemingly impossible obstacles, I am even more passionate about seeing my clients thrive. There is nothing more inspiring to me than helping others deeply connect to their own meaningful purpose. I believe that everyone has an inner wisdom that can guide them to be their most true, creative and fulfilled self. In our coaching sessions, we explore that together. In the past 15 years, my life has changed so much. I have a life partner who is a writer/photographer/journalist and together we had a second son, now ten years old. I have a close relationship with my grown son; we love to hit the ski mountain together and we have long talks about most everything. If you are looking for an collaborator who can understand your hardships and hold a vision with you of your possibilities, I would love to be your Life and Career Coach!