I was very inspired by the “Happy Secret to Better Work” TED Talk by psychologist Shawn Achor! In his funny and energetic talk he points to the research done by the positive psychology movement that shows that only 10% of happiness is predictive based on actual reality and events. The other 90% is related to how your brain processes the world and your experiences!
“What we are finding is that it is not just the reality that shapes us but the lens through which your brain views the world that shapes you, and if we can change the lens, we can change not only your happiness but every single educational and business outcome at the same time.”
What if you could shift your own thinking and update the lens through which you view yourself and your life? Through my mindfulness-based coaching work, I am committed to supporting people in noticing the limiting frames that they hold around their own lives and accessing an inner wisdom that has a more expansive vision. Please take a moment to watch the TED talk and let me know what you think!
The statistics you point out about how much our own happiness depends on our perception of the word is vital for all of us. People like to blame the circumstances, parents, abilities about their bad fortune instead of accepting responsibility and taking action.
In my coaching practise I also empathise the importance of responsibility and encourage clients to break the walls they build for themselves and holds them back from success and happiness!
Thanks for sharing this!
Greetings from Hungary!